Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Punishment or plain laziness?


I guess my first blog posting would be a venting one!

So Mr. CG (Computer Geek) helps me out a lot since I'm never home early enough to do the running around needed for Dance Class, Jazz Class, Baseball...etc! So, yesterday I asked him to go and run to the Dance Shop to purchase S's dance attire. He agrees and takes S. (whos' 6) and her brother H. (who's 5). I guess they started acting up bad enough that he then decides to storm out of the store and tell the kids that as a punishment she's going to dance in regular clothes and to my son that he's not watching TV for a week...really? REALLY?

I try my hardest to support HIS parenting skills (since he has more experience than I do with him having two older kids) and for the most part I back him...like I said most times. With that being said, I was not able to do the same today! If the kids are acting up, why could he have not sat them down in a corner, put them inside the shopping cart or taken them to a more private area so he can let them know that's the final warning then make his purchase and once done at the store THEN punish them at home?

See, we are not home when the children get back from school (remember my in laws live with me). So I know for a fact that the first thing my kids will be doing after school is watching TV. My in laws are already in their late 60's early 70's and who wants to deal with 2 bored kids at that age? Sure, they can do homework, read a book, go outside and plenty of more things...but am I going to ask my in laws to get out of their routine because Mr. CG decided that he was going to punish them? Which leads me to the my next issue...

Was he mad  and frustrated at the kids or did he just not want to go throught the troubble of buy the "girly" things that he needed to buy. Was he mad or was he just being lazy?

Today, I gave him my opinion and thoughts and he said he didn't care that she was going to dance with shorts and sneakers...well she won't be able to do much dressed like that and are we not paying $$$ for her classes for her not to dance! Was there no other punishment?

Needless to say that while I'm typing this he just called and said that I made him feel bad and he's going on his lunch hour to buy her stuff...yay!!!



Made my point...

No comments:

Post a Comment