Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I'm a sucker for short hair


Ever since I can remember I have always had a Yoyo (long/short) type of behavior with my hair. I think it all started in 3rd grade which is when I had my first short haircut. I remember wearing short hair in middle school but I don't remember ever cutting my hair in High School. In the 90's I decided I wanted the short style that Cheryl “Salt” James from the group Sallt n Pepa had. Why on earth did I ever think that was cool? OH I know, because back then I was "Stupid Fresh"! A few years later (after growing my hair out) I decided I wanted the pixie haircut that's better known as Halle Berry's signature haircut.

Let me tell you I've lived the same nightmare over and over and I just don't learn my lesson. I'll go and have a short style done just to want it long again in a few months or better yet have it nice, healthy and long only to go have it chopped off. Who really understands women?!

Now, I've been sporting the Asymmetrical Bob or better known as the Victoria Beckham hair style...and after a few years wearing it guess what...I want my hair long again. So, now that I have decided to go long all I have left to do is to go through the ugly and agonizing period of growing it out. I personally hate this period. This is when your hair is too short to do anything to disguise the ugly phase but it's too long to look decently styled.

There must be another way and of course much faster to grow out your hair. I've done the cutting your ends every so often but that only gets me in trouble. Once at the salon I end up sporting a short cut. I could always go and purchase extensions...anything that would help me get throw this phase yet once again!

With that being said, I already have my eyes/mind set on my new look three styles I will be having as I grow my bob. Now all I need is enough patience to go through the headache of waiting for it to grow.

These are my next 3 looks. I'm completely in love with the color more than anything, but color would be a completely different type of nightmare. One I'm sure I will go through as I find the right colorist that can achieve this color.













.

2 comments:

  1. Finally, someone who understands. I'm the same way. As an example, I once cut my hair, got engaged, grew it out for the wedding, then cut it short Halle Berry style on the honeymoon. I've been getting antsy with my long hair and hope to get a short bob cut soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sucker for short hair too! Love Nicole's hair!

    X

    ReplyDelete